Wednesday, November 17, 2010

27 week update

Sunday we had a beautiful prayer shower that was host by Mary Kellet and volunteers with Prenatal Partners for Life.  The slideshow was very moving to watch.  I found myself holding back tears while watching.  I appreciate all the love and support that was offered.  It means so much.

Yesterday I had a regular OB check.  All sorts of fun stuff like glucose testing for gestational diabetes (nummy orange sugary beverage) and getting poked with my RH shot. My OB is very supportive of the situation, but also noted that I am bigger than expected which probably correlates to the excess amniotic fluid that was noticed at the last ultrasound. I feel big yet I have many people comment on how small I am compared to other pregnant ladies. 

I have started to build the relationship with MN Perinatal Physicians (MPP) and am scheduled for an ultrasound on Friday to check amniotic fluid and Nicolas.  Next week I have another OB check with their doctors and possibly get a tour of the Abbott-Northwestern facilities.  It may be hard to coordinate with the holiday the following day.  I am at the mercy of the doctors and am finding it a little annoying.  Mentally I am drained from the experience and having so many appointments.  I am still working full time and it is really hard to get my job done and fit everything in. I was told that I could expect 2-3 appointments a week as my due date approaches.  With everything going on I find it hard to enjoy the holidays.  I haven't even begun my Christmas shopping. 

Life seems ten times harder at the moment.  I know I will manage and make it through all of this.  But I have so much to consider and plan for.  You never know what will happen so you have to plan for the worse case scenario including all of the potential threats to my own health. 

On a much lighter and happier note, I enjoyed my work out today at Crossfit.  I warmed up with about 50 kettlebells with the 25lb weight and also did the prescribed workout of (2) 500 meter rows for time. I was quite proud of my accomplishment because the last time I rowed was early June before I knew I was pregnant and my best time was 1:50. Today at 27 weeks and almost 30 lbs heavier I rowed a 2:03:2.  Not bad especially when I looked at the other times.  I am keeping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment