Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's the little things

Last night I had another craniosacral therapy session with my chiropractor. I have done a few of these in the past, but not while pregnant.  What amazed me about the session was how the energy in your body truly can be felt and moved.  Not only did I receive the benefit of the therapy, but so did Nicolas.  During my session I found he was extremely responsive to the energy and would actually follow it in my body.  As the energy went up my abdomen, he to move upwards. My hand would hover a few inches above my belly and Nicolas would be right underneath it.  I think I should note that Nicolas tends to hang out very low and usually on the left side.  Yesterday was the first time I felt him travel to other places within his comfy home. I have been told that craniosacral therapy is very good for babies and children with Trisomy 18 so I am hopeful that Nicolas will reap the benefits in utero.  He is very much a part of our family and makes his presence known to us every day.

As a family we are starting to read children's books to him.  Now that the Noelle & Jena are older they are able to read some of their favorite books like The Napping House, Are you my mother?, and Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb.  Nicolas seemed to like the chatter, and I enjoyed re-reading them to my kids as well.

I also had several great conversations yesterday about the care for both me and Nicolas.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment