Sunday, October 17, 2010

Strength

On Friday I went to Crossfit TC to try and accomplish my workout for the day.  Needless to say I was not all that motivated at first because the WOD (work of the day) was heavy lifting. Not exactly something a pregnant woman should be doing.  After a nice warm up on the rower, we proceeded to get ready to do some pull ups. I hung up my two bands (one purple, one black) from the pull-up bars.  The goal was to do the maximum reps of pull ups each round for a total of 7 rounds. The first round I knocked out 8, then went down to a good solid 6 until the final two rounds where I managed 5 and finally 4 pull ups. 

We then moved on to the heavy lifting.  It was push press day.  I couldn't remember my non-pregnant max push press weight. So the CrossfitTC ladies proceeded to work on finding out max weight.  I stopped at 95 pounds. Coach Robbe felt that was good enough.  We then worked our way down the weights while increasing the number of repetitions by 1.  I started at 95 and went down to 65 pounds for 5 times at the end. Not bad. Oh, funny comment of the day came from Leslie as she so nicely observed that the two pregnant ladies (myself and Ms. Bishop) were the ones who could not only lift the most, but also were the individuals who were pulling the weight plates on and off the bar.

I surprised myself on Friday.  I know earlier in my pregnancy I deadlifted 205lbs, but I would have never guess that at 22 + weeks I am still strong and able to lift the weights.

I can thank the CrossfitTC coaches for continuing to work me hard and for keeping me in great shape during my pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment