Friday, October 29, 2010

Spoke to soon....

Ok, so I guess I spoke to soon about how often the doctors want to see me and check on Nicolas. Not a bad thing. Just had to get clarification.  The North doctors are not as comfortable "letting me go" 6 weeks before they see me again.  We moved the appointment up to November 19th at North Memorial in Robbinsdale so we can meet with the neonatologist and tour the NICU.  This is probably a good change, but sometimes I get that warm flushed feeling that they are not telling me something.  I think that certain words trigger that feeling of doubt or concern.  The most recent thing that bugged me was "assist with your wishes".  Ordinarily wishes are a good thing, but this felt more heavy hearted than positive.  Ultimately we want the medical staff at North to understand our decision and to fully support us in our efforts to bring Nicolas into this world safely so he at least has a shot.  I know it is a matter of semantics at this point, but I hate the rushed feeling I get like my heart just hit the floor. 

My hope is that they are just trying to get to know us better and what we want for Nicolas.

No comments:

Post a Comment