Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Monday

The girls (me, Noelle & Jena) made a bunch of tasty holiday treats.  It is one of our favorite things to do.  Noelle is developing some very good baking and cooking skills. Jena is starting to show interest, but I think she is always in the shadow of her older sister.  It is fun watching them grow into their baking skills.  Each year they take on more responsibilities.  Noelle wrote a paper on baking and the importance of each ingredient so I was not allowed any substitutions or older ingredients. We will be baking a lot of chocolate chip cookies over the holiday break as part of her science experiment.  I was very proud of her for taking an inventory of everything we needed to make all of our cookies. I think our "cookie" grocery bill was more than the groceries I bought.  The platter I brought into work last until the lunch hour and the teachers received a beautifully put together box of treats that will hopefully last a few days. 

Week 31 is fast approaching and the time although sometimes feeling quite slow is moving quite fast.  The kids are on holiday break from the school starting next week and will be plenty busy with gymnastics (Noelle & Jena) and taekwondo (Jena).  Jena is really excited to use her new ice skates which I assume should happen soon enough once all the snow is cleared away.  It is bitterly cold this week so the local rinks will hopefully be ready. 

Today I went to Crossfit at noon and got in a good workout.  My coach indicated I was a bit sweaty at the end.  I would hope so after rowing 2 sets of 500 meters, 50 lunges, and 20 push ups for the warm up.  The WOD was FRAN which is 21-15-9 thrusters and pull ups.  I used the 45 lb bar for thrusters and did a modified standing wide row with the 45 lb bar instead of pull ups. My time was 9:06.  We then jumped on the heavy bags and proceed to pound out 5 rounds of 1 min on your own, 1 minute of coach directed instruction and then 2 sets of planks (can't do a v-sit at the moment).  It feels good to workout, but I know my days are numbered.  At some point I will have to stop, but at least I know I can always come back to it.

We also had another session with Bella Angel Imaging. I will have to write more on that later and put some new pics out of Nicolas.

No comments:

Post a Comment